我知道的大概就是这些。

  That is about all I know.

  What else do you know? (其他你还知道些什么?)

  That is about all I know. (我知道的大概就是这些。)

  I don't know anything else about it.

  That's all I know.

  我们关起门来在这儿说。/我们私下里说。

  This is just between you and me. *比较轻松的说法。直译为“你我俩人之间的事”。

  This is just between you and me. (我们关起门来在这儿说。/咱们俩私下里说。)

  What is it? (什么事呀?)

  Let's keep our talk between us.

  Let's keep this our little secret.

  这是一个秘密。

  It's a secret.

  我告诉你一个秘密。

  Let me tell you a secret.

  他不能保守秘密。

  He can't keep a secret.

  你的嘴不严。

  You've got a big mouth!

  我不敢对我的老板说。

  I don't have the guts to say that to my boss. *guts表示“勇气”。

  听小道消息说。

  A little bird told me. *说不清楚是从哪儿听来的,或者不愿意说出是从谁那儿听来的情况下使用。

  A little bird told me that today is your birthday. (听说今天是你的生日。)

  Wait. Who told you? (喂!谁告诉你的?)

  I heard it through the grapevine. *grapevine 原意为“葡萄藤,葡萄属植物”,这里表示“谣言,传闻”。比较常用。

  I just overheard it.

  我什么都没说。

  I didn't say anything. *表示自己没有泄密的说法。

  I kept my mouth shut.

  I didn't let the cat out of the bag. *表示“没有泄露秘密”的固定说法。

  无意中说漏了嘴。

  It was a slip of the tongue.

  It was a slip of the tongue. (无意中说漏了嘴。)

  Really? Didn't she know about it? (真的吗?难道她不知道?)

  I spilled the beans. (我泄露了秘密。)

  I stuck my foot in my mouth. (我把不好/失礼的事说出去了。)

  我一个字都不说出去。

  I won't say a word. *用来表示“保证对谁都不说出去”。

  Mum's the word. (我什么都不说。)

  I won't say anything. (我什么都不说。)

  My lips are sealed. (我的嘴很紧。)

  ●约定

  我保证。

  I promise.

  You can't tell anyone. (你不能告诉任何人。)

  I promise I won't. (知道,我保证。)

  我不能保证。

  I can't promise. *“不能保证,但可以试试”。表达想帮助对方的心情。

  You have to come. (你也来吧!)

  I'll try but I can't promise. (我争取去,但不能保证。)

  一定。

  Will do.

  Remember to bring the report. (记住带上你的报告。)

  Will do. (一定带来。)

  我发誓。

  I swear. *语气强烈。

  Are you sure? (是真的吗?)

  I swear. (我发誓。)

  请相信我。

  Trust me.

  I'm not sure. (我没有把握。)

  Trust me. (请相信我。)

  Believe me.

  I know what I'm doing.

  You can trust me.

  Trust in me.

  说到就得做到。

  A promise is a promise!

  I'm sorry I can't help you. (对不起,我帮不了你。)

  You said you would. A promise is a promise! (你说过你可以,说到就得做到。)

  You promised! (你不是答应我了吗!)

  You can't go back on your promise now! (你现在不能食言。)