Greetings ( 问候语 )
2. Good morning.早晨好!
3. I’m John Smith.我是约翰、史密斯。
4. Are you Bill Jones?你是比尔、琼斯吗?
5. Yes,I am.是的，我是。
6. How are you?你好吗?
8. How is Helen?海伦好吗?
9. She’s very well,thank you. 她很好，谢谢您。
10. Good afternoon,Mr. Green.午安，格林先生。
11. Good evening,Mrs. Brown.晚上好，布朗夫人。
12. How are you this evening?今晚上您好吗?
13. Good night,John.晚安，约翰。
15. See you tomorrow.明天见。
Classroom expressions 课堂用语
16. Come in,please. 请进!
17. Sit down. 坐下!
18. Stand up,please. 请站起来。
19. Open your book,please. 请把书打开。
20. Close your book,please. 请把书合上。
21. Don’t open your book. 别打开书。
22. Do you understand?你明白了吗?
23. Yes,I understand. 是的，我明白了。
24. No,I don’t understand. 不，我不明白。
25. Listen and repeat. 先听，然后再重复一遍。
26. Now read,please. 现在请大家读。
27. That’s fine. 好得很。
28. It’s time to begin. 到开始的时候了。
29. Let’s begin now. 现在让我们开始。
30. This is Lesson One. 这是第一课。
Identifying objects 辨别物品
31. What’s this? 这是什么?
32. That’s a book. 那是一本书。
33. Is this your book? 这是你的书吗?
34. No,that’s not my book. 不，那不是我的书。
35. Whose book is this? 这是谁的书?
36. That’s your book. 那是你的书。
37. And what’s that? 还有那是什么?
38. Is that a book? 那是一本书吗?
39. No,it isn’t. 不，不是。
40. It’s a pencil. 那是一枝铅笔。
41. Is it yours? 它是你的吗?
42. Yes,it’s mine. 是，是我的。
43. Where’s the door? 门在哪儿?
44. There it is. 门在那儿。
45. Is this book his? 这本书是他的吗?
46. What are these? 这些是什么?
47. Those are books. 那些是书。
48. Where are the books? 那些书在哪儿?
49. There they are. 在那儿。
50. These are my pencils. 这些是我的铅笔。
51. Where are your pens? 你的那些钢笔在哪儿?
52. They’re over there. 在那里。
53. Are these your pens? 这些是你的钢笔吗?
54. Yes,they are. 是我的。
55. Those are mine. 那些是我的。
56. These are your books,aren’t they? 这些书是你的，对不对?
57. No,they aren’t. 不，不是。
58. They’re not mine. 不是我的。
59. These are mine,and those are yours. 这些是我的，而那些是你的。
60. Those aren’t your pens,are they? 那些钢笔不是你的，对吧?
Identifying people by occupation 辨别身份
61. Who are you? 你是谁?
62. I’m a student. 我是学生。
63. Who is that over there? 那边那个人是谁?
64. He’s a student,too. 他也是学生。
65. Is that lady a student? 那位女士是学生吗?
66. No,she isn’t. 不，她不是。
67. Those men aren’t students,either. 那些人也不是学生。
68. Am I your teacher? 我是你们的教员吗?
69. Yes,you are. 是的，你是。
70. That man is a teacher,isn’t he? 那个人是位教员，对不对?
71. Yes,he is. 是的，他是。
72. Who are those people? 那些人是谁?
73. Maybe they’re farmers. 他们可能是农民。
74. Aren’t they students? 他们不是学生吗?
75. I really don’t know. 我真的不知道。
Introductions and courtesies 介绍和礼节
76. What’s your name? 你叫什么名字?
77. My name is Jones. 我姓琼斯。
78. What’s your first name? 你的名字叫什么?
79. My first name is Bill. 我的名字叫比尔。
80. How do you spell your last name? 你的姓怎么拼法?
81. Jones. J-O-N-E-S. 琼斯，J-O-N-E-S。
82. What’s your friend’s name? 你的朋友叫什么名字?
83. His name is John Smith. 他叫约翰、史密斯。
84. John and I are old friends. 我和约翰是老朋友了。
85. Are you John’s brother? 你是约翰的兄弟吗?
86. No, I’m not. 不，我不是。
87. This is Mr. Jones. 这是琼斯先生。
88. How do you do? 你好!
89. Mrs.Jones,this is Mr. John Smith. 琼斯夫人，这是约翰、史密斯先生。
90. Very please to meet you. 见到您很高兴。
Days and months of the calendar 年历的周日和月份
91. What day is today? 今天是星期几?
92. Today is Monday. 今天是星期一。
93. What day was yesterday? 昨天是星期几?
94. Yesterday was Sunday. 昨天是星期日。
95. What day is tomorrow? 明天是星期几?
96. What month is this? 现在是几月份?
97. This is January. 现在是一月份。
98. Last month was December,wasn’t it ? 上个月是十二月，对不对?
99. Yes,it was. 是，是十二月份。
100. What month is next month? 下个月是几月份?
101. I was in the hospital for several weeks. 我在医院里住了几个星期了。
102. Where were you on Tuesday? 星期二你在哪里?
103. You were here in February,weren’t you? 二月份你曾在这里，对不对?
104. No,I wasn’t . 不，我没有在这里。
105. Your friend was here a week ago,wasn’t he?一个星期前，你的朋友曾在这里，是不是?
Talking about objects 谈论事物
106. Do you have a book? 你有一本书吗?
107. Yes,I do. 是的，我有。
108. You have a radio,don’t you? 你有一台收音机，对吗?
109. No,I don’t . 不，我没有。
110. I don’t have a phonograph,either. 我也没有留声机。
111. Dees this radio belong to you? 这台收音机是你的吗?
112. Yes,I think it does. 是的，我认为它是我的。
113. How many sisters and brothers do you have? 你有几个姊妹和兄弟?
114. Don’t you have my hat? 你没拿我的帽子吧?
115. Yes,I have both your hat and your coat.不，你的帽子和大衣都在我这里。
116. Does John have a yellow pencil? 约翰有一支黄铅笔吗?
117. Yes,he does. 是的，他有。
118. He has a radio,doesn’t he? 他有一台收音机，对不对?
119. No,he doesn’t have one. 不，他没有。
120. He already has a phonograph,but he doesn’t have a radio yet.他已经有一架留声机，但是他还没有收音机。
Telling time 述说时间
121. What time is it? 几点钟了?
122. It’s two o’clock. 两点钟。
123. It’s a few minutes after two. 两点过几分。
124. My watch is fast and your watch Is slow. 我的表快，而你的表慢。
125. Excuse me.Can you tell me the correct time? 对不起，你能告诉我一下准确的时间吗?
126. No,I can’t . 不，我不能。
127. I don’t know what time it is. 我不知道现在几点钟。
128. I don’t think it’s four o’clock yet. 我认为现在还不到四点。
129. It must be about three thirty. 现在想必是三点三十分左右。
130. I get up before six o’clock every day. 每天我六点前起床。
131. The restaurant doesn’t open until seven forty-five. 饭馆要到七点四十五分才开门。
132. Will you be here at ten o’clock tomorrow? 请你明天十点到这里，行吗?
133. Yes,I will. 行。
134. We’ll be on time,won’t we? 我们将按时到，是吗?
135. I hope so. 我希望如此。
Talking about dates 谈论日期
136. What’s the date today? 今天是几号?
137. Today is November first,nineteen sixty-three. 今天是一九六三年十一月一号。
138. When were you born? 你是什么时候出生的?
139. I was born on November first,nineteen thirty-five. 我是一九三五年十一月一日出生.
140. Today is my birthday. 今天是我的生日。
141. My sister was born in nineteen thirty-eight. 我的妹妹是一九三八年出生的。
142. I don’t know the exact date. 我不知道确切的日子。
143. Where were you born? 你出生在什么地方?
144. I was born in a little town not far from here. 我出生在离这儿不远的小城市里。
145. What do you know about the tenth century? 有关十世纪的事你知道些什么?
146. I don’t know anything about that. 关于那个我什么都不知道。
147. Let’s talk about something else. 让我们谈点别的什么吧。
148. Where were you during the month of April last year? 去年四月份你在哪里?
149. I don’t remember where I was then. 我不记得那时我在哪里。
150. Where will you be nest year at this time? 明年这个时候你将在哪里?
About Visits 关于拜访
151. Hello. Can I see Mr. Green? 你好，我能见格林先生吗?
152. Do you have an appointment? 你有预约吗?
153. Sorry, I don't. 对不起，我没有。
154. Yes. At 3 pm. 是的，约的是下午3点。
155. Sorry, Mr. Green can't see you now. 对不起，格林先生现在不能见您。
156. He's on the phone. 他在打电话。
157. Would you wait here for a minute? 您能在这里等一下吗?
158. Would you like something to drink? 您想喝点什么吗?
159. Tea, please. 我喝点茶吧。
160. Mr. Green, Mr. Smith is here. 格林先生，史密斯先生在这里。
161. You may go in now. 您可以进去了。
162. Nice to see you, my old friend. 真高兴见到你，我的老朋友。
163. How have you been these years? 这些年你怎么样?
164. You've changed little. 你一点也没变。
165. Do you still remember that Christmas? 你仍记得那个圣诞节吗?
About Language 关于语言
166. Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗?
167. Yes, a little. 会讲一点。
168. How long have you studied English? 你学英语多久了?
169. He speaks English fluently. 他讲英语很流利。
170. Your English is very good. 你的英语很好。
171. You speak English pretty well. 你的英语讲的很好。
172. Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母语是英语吗?
173. My native language is Chinese. 我的母语是汉语。
174. He speaks with London accent. 他带点伦敦口音。
175. He has a strong accent. 他口音很重。
176. I have some difficulty in expressing myself. 我表达起来有点困难。
177. I'm always confused with "s" and "th". 我常把s和th搞混。
178. Can you write in English? 你能用英文写文章吗?
179. Your pronunciation is excellent. 你的发音很好。
180. How can I improve my spoken English? 我该怎样才能提高口语水平?
Talking About Activities 谈论活动
181. What are you doing? 你在干什么?
182. I'm reading a book. 我在看书。
183. I'm cooking. 我在做饭。
184. Are you watching TV now? 你在看电视吗?
185. Yes, I'm watching Channel 5. 是的，我在看5频道。
186. No, I'm listening to the radio. 没有，我在听收音机。
187. Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
188. I'm going to work. 我去上班。
189. Who are you writing to? 你在给谁写信?
190. I'm writing to an old friend. 给一个老朋友。
191. What will you do this weekend? 这周末你将干什么?
192. I'll go to a concert. 我要去听音乐会。
193. I'll go on an outing with some friends. 我与朋友去郊游。
194. Do you like traveling? 你喜欢郊游吗?
195. Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much. 是的，我很喜欢。
About Age 关于年龄
196. How old are you? 你多大了?
197. I'm twenty-two (years old). 我二十二了。
198. Mr. Smith is still in his forties. 史密斯先生才四十几岁。
199. I'm two years younger than my sister. 我比我姐小两岁。
200. My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 我姐比他丈夫大一岁。
201. He's the youngest in the family. 他是一家中最小的。
202. He looks much younger than he is. 他看起来比他实际上年轻得多。
203. I came here when I was 20. 我二十岁来这儿。
204. I started school at the age of 6. 我六岁开始上学。
205. My father is over 60 years old. 我父亲已年过六十了。
206. Most of them are less than 30. 他们中大多数不到30岁。
207. I guess he's about 30. 我猜他大概30岁。
208. She's going to be 15 next month. 下个月她就满15了。
209. They'll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary.他们将为结婚十周年开个晚会。
210. He's still a boy after all. 他毕竟还只是个孩子。
Talking about daily activities 谈论日常活动
211. When do you get up everyday? 每天你几点起床?
212. I usually get up at 8 o'clock. 我通常8点起床。
213. Where do you have your lunch? 你在哪儿吃午饭?
214. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 我在附近一家快餐店吃午饭。
215. What did you have for lunch? 你中午吃些什么?
216. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg? 我吃一个汉堡包，一个炸鸡腿。
217. What time do you start work? 你什么时候开始工作?
218. I start work at 8 o'clock. 我八点开始工作。
219. What do you do at work? 你上班干些什么?
220. I answer telephones and do some typing. 我接电话和打字。
221. What time do you finish your work? 你什么时候下班?
222. At 6 o'clock sharp. 6点。
223. What do you do in your spare time? 闲暇时，你干些什么?
224. I like listening to pop music. 我喜欢听流行音乐。
225. I like playing football. 我喜欢踢足球。
Talking about yesterday’s activities 谈论昨天的活动
226. When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起床?
227. At about seven. 七点左右。
228. I heard the clock, but I didn't get up until 9.我听见闹钟了，但我捱到九点才起。
229. I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七点醒了，然后马上起床了。
230. I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到办公室。
231. I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早饭。
232. I was just on time. 我刚好赶上。
233. I was 10 minutes late. 我迟到了五分钟。
234. I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
235. I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6点我下班了。
236. I stayed and did some extra work. 我留下加了一会儿班。
237. The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early.电视节目很无聊，所以我早早睡了。
238. I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看杂志。
239. I didn't sleep well. 我没睡好。
240. I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的很熟。
Asking For Other's Opinions 询问别人的意见)
436. What do you think about it? 你对此怎么看?
437. Is that right? 那样对吗?
438. Absolutely right. 绝对正确。
439. I think you're mistaken about that. 我想你那样不对。
440. Is that ok? 这样行吗?
441. That's ok/fine. 挺好的。
442. That's excellent. 那太棒了。
443. He was absent yesterday. Do you know why?昨天他没到，你知道为什么吗?
444. Do you have any idea? 你怎么想?
445. I suppose he was sick. 我猜他大概是病了。
446. Will it rain tomorrow? 明天会下雨吗?
447. No, I don't think so. 不，我想不会。
448. Do you really want to know what I think? 你真想知道我怎么想吗?
449. Please give me your advice. 请给我提些建议。
450. I want to hear your opinion. 我想听听你们想法。
Making Plans 订计划
451. What do you plan to do this Friday? 明天你打算干什么?
452. What are you doing next week? 下周你干什么?
453. I plan to go to the concert. 我打算去听音乐会。
454. I'm thinking of going to my grandma's. 我想去外婆家。
455. I'll go skiing of the weather permits. 天气允许的话，我会去滑雪。
456. I suppose I can finish the project next year. 我想我明年完成此工程。
457. I have no idea. 我不知道。
458. It's up to you. 由你决定。
459. I'm considering buying a house. 我想买套房子。
460. Hi, Jack, what lessons will you take this semester? 你好，杰克，这学期你选什么课?
461. Hi, Lucy. I'll take French and Economics.你好，露西，我想选法语和经济。
462. I'm taking Chinese and History. 我将选中文和历史。
463. Do you plan to do some odd jobs? 你打算打工吗?
464. Yes, I'm applying to work at the library. 是的，我在申请图书馆管理员的工作。
465. Good luck! 祝你好运。
About Decisions 关于决定
466. It's up to you. 由你决定。
467. You have the final say. 你说了算。
468. She insists that it doesn't matter. 她坚持说那没关系。
469. He's made up his mind to quit his job. 他已决定辞去他的工作。
470. I've decided not to sell the house. 我决定不卖房子了。
471. I'm determined to leave. 我决意要走了。
472. Have you decided? 你决定了吗?
473. No, I haven't decided yet. 不，还没有。
474. I've changed my mind. 我改注意了。
475. It's still undecided. 还没决定。
476. Don't hesitate any more. 别在犹豫了。
477. Give me a definite answer, please. 请给个明确的答复。
478. It's really hard to make a decision. 挺难做决定的。
479. I'm always making resolutions, like giving up smoking. 我总在做出决定，比如戒烟。
480. Don't shilly-shally. 别犹豫不决。
481. Do you like traveling? 你喜欢旅游吗?
482. Yes, I've just come back from Scotland. 是的，我刚从苏格兰回来。
483. How did you get there? 你怎么去的?
484. I got there by plane. 我坐飞机去的。
485. Where did you visit? 你去参观了哪些地方?
486. I only had time to visit Edinburgh. 我只有时间去爱丁堡。
487. How did you like it? 你喜欢那儿吗?
488. It's fantastic. 那儿棒极了。
489. Why did you go there? 你为什么去那儿?
490. I went there on business. 我出差到那儿。
491. And do you have friends there? 你在那儿有朋友吗?
492. Yes, a lot of friends. 是的，很多。
493. You must have enjoyed yourself. 你一定玩的很开心。
494. Yes, and I took many pictures. 是的，我还照了好多照片。
495. Please let me see them. 让我看看。
About Shopping 关于购物
496. Will you go shopping with me? 你跟我去买东西吗?
497. Here's your change. 这是找你的钱。
498. I'll go to pick up some odds and ends at the store. 我要到商店买些零碎的东西。
499. Excuse me, would you tell me where I can get some butter? 打扰一下，您能告诉我黄油在哪儿卖吗?
500. May I have a look at the watch? 我能看看这块表吗?
501. May I try it on? 我能试试吗?
502. This is too small for me. Do you have a bigger one? 这个太小了，有大点的吗?
503. Do you have any more colors? 有别的颜色吗?
504. What's your size? 你穿多大号?
505. It suits you to a T. 特别适合你。
506. It's too expensive for me. 对于我来说太贵了。
507. Can you came down a bit? 可以再便宜点吗?
508. I'll take it. 我买了。
509. How much is it? 这卖多少钱?
510. How much do I owe you? 我该付多少钱?
In The Restaurant 餐馆进餐
511. What would you like to eat? 你想吃点什么?
512. Are you ready to order? 你要点菜了吗?
513. I'd like some steak and bread. 我要牛排和面包。
514. What would you like for dessert? 你要什么甜点?
515. I'll have some ice cream. 我要冰淇淋。
516. Do you want some fruit? 你要水果吗?
517. Yes, please. I want an apple. 是的，我要一个苹果。
518. Anything to drink? 喝点什么?
519. A small glass of whisky, please. 请来一小杯威士忌。
520. Here is your food. 你的菜来了。
521. Bring me the bill please. 请买单。
522. Can I pay by check or credit card? 我能用支票或信用卡吗?
523. Sorry, we only take cash. 对不起，我们只收现金。
524. Here you are. 给。
525. Here is your change. 找您的钱。
About Evening Entertainment 关于夜生活
526. I'm free tonight. 我今晚有空。
527. Shall we go to the cinema? 我们去看电影好吗?
528. Do you know what's on tonight? 你知道今天上演什么?
529. May I ask you for a dance? 可以请你跳支舞吗?
530. With pleasure. 很荣幸。
531. Sorry, I'm engaged. 对不起，我有约在先了。
532. What about another dance? 再跳一曲好吗?
533. You're a good dancer. 你舞跳的真好。
534. What's on Channel 8 now? 现在8频道播什么节目?
535. I don't know. You may look in the TV Guide. 我不知道，你可以看看《电视报》。
536. Let's see what else is on. 咱们看看有没有别的节目。
537. Did you see the special last night? 昨晚你看特别节目了吗?
538. I don't want to see any more of this TV show. 我不想再看这个电视节目了。
539. Can we change the channel? 能换个频道吗?
540. I want to see the weather. 我想看天气预报.
541. I'd like to make an appointment with Mrs. Green. 我想约个时间见格林女士。
542. She's free on Friday and Saturday. 她周五和周六有空。
543. Sorry, can I see her before Friday? 对不起，我能周五之前见她吗?
544. Let me see. She has 30 minutes Tuesday afternoon. 让我查查，她周二下午有30分钟。
545. At what time? 什么时间?
546. From 4 to 4:30. 四点到四点半。
547. All right. 好吧。
548. So you'll come then. Please phone in if you can't make it. 那么你就那时来，如果来不了，请打电话给我。
549. I have an interview this afternoon. 我今天下午有面试。
550. I can come any time except Sunday. 除星期天外我都能来。
551. You can reach me at 6609823. 你打电话6609823就能找到我。
552. He phoned to cancel the meeting. 他打电话来取消会议。
553. Please call me before you come. 你来之前请打电话。
554. Please make an appointment with my secretary.请跟我秘书定个见面时间。
555. I have to change my appointment from Monday to Thursday. 我不得不把约会从周一改到周四。
Seeing A Doctor 看医生
556. What's your trouble? 你有什么不舒服?
557. How long have you had it? 你得这病多久了?
558. I should say you've caught a cold. 我看你感冒了。
559. You need an injection. 你需要打针。
560. Is it serious? 我的病严重吗?
561. Do I need to be hospitalized? 我需要住院吗?
562. Have you seen the doctor? 你看过医生了吗?
563. What did the doctor say? 医生怎么说?
564. Jack is up and about now. 杰克病后复原了。
565. The doctor says that I should take quinine. 医生说我应该服用奎宁。
566. What sort of medicine do you take? 你吃的是什么药?
567. The doctor says that I should not eat anything oily. 医生说我不能吃油腻的东西。
568. I had a shot of penicillin. 我打了一针青霉素。
569. You have to be operated on. 你得做手术。
570. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure. 他给我做了X光胸透并量了血压。
Making A Phonecall 打电话
571. Hello. May I speak to Mr. Green? 你好，我找格林先生。
572. Just a moment. 等一会儿。
573. Hold on. 等一会儿。
574. He's not in. May I take a message for him? 他不在，我能替他捎个口信吗?
575. Yes, please. 是的，麻烦了。
576. Would you answer the phone please? 你能接下电话吗?
577. I want to make a long distance call. 我想打个长途电话。
578. This is Mary Speaking. 我是玛丽。
579. Would you tell Mr. Green that I called? 你能告诉格林先生我给他打了个电话吗?
580. I must have dialed a wrong number. 我一定拨错号了。
581. I couldn't get through. 我打不通。
582. I have to hang up now. 我得挂电话了。
583. Would you call back tomorrow? 你能明天回个电话吗?
584. There's something wrong with the phone. 电话出了点儿毛病。
585. I tried to call you, but the line was busy. 我试着给你打电话，但老占线.
About Mail 关于邮政
586. I have received a letter from my cousin. 我收到了我表兄的信。
587. I haven't heard from him for a long time. 我很久没有收到他的信了。
588. Send a postcard to me when you arrive in Shanghai. 你到上海以后给我发张明信片。
589. I put some photographs in the envelope. 我在信里夹了几张照片。
590. He hasn't answered my letter yet. 他还没有给我回信。
591. My mother mailed me a parcel. 我妈给我寄了一个包裹。
592. We keep in touch with each other by Email since he left China. 他离开中国以后，我们用Email保持联系。
593. Don't forget to put stamps on your letter. 别忘了贴邮票。
594. How long does it take for a letter to get to America from Beijing? 信从北京到美国要多久?
595. You've got an express mail. 你有特快专递。
596. To make it fast, you can send a fax. 要想快点的话就发个传真。
597. My mother has sent me a registered letter, I guess she has something important to tell me. 我妈给我发了一封挂号信，我想她有什么重要的事情要说。
598. I find my name on the blackboard. I must have got a remittance. 我在黑板上看到我的名字，肯定有我的汇款。
599. Do you want to airmail it or not? 你想发航空信吗?
600. I drop the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office. 我把信塞进邮局前面的邮筒里。
Talking About Feelings 叙述感受
601. You look radiant tonight. 你今晚真是光彩照人。
602. It was a terrible experience. 那是一次可怕的经历。
603. I am on top of the world. 我高兴到了极点。
604. The dinner was wonderful. 晚餐棒极了。
605. The Christmas tree is gorgeous. 圣诞树真华美。
606. What a boring movie it is! 多么无聊的一场电影啊。
607. How can he give us such a tedious lecture! 他怎么能做这么沉闷乏味的演讲。
608. How fragrant the flowers are! 这些花真香!
609. The party is making too much noise. 这次聚会太吵了。
610. You look elegant in that dress. 你穿这条裙子显的很漂亮。
611. The coat doesn't suit you. 这件外衣不太适合你。
612. His flattery makes me sick. 他的恭维让我恶心。
613. We had a good time. 我们玩的很开心。
614. We enjoyed ourselves very much. 我们玩的很开心。
615. I am bored to death. 我无聊死了。
Looking For A House 寻找住房
616. This house is for rent. 此房出租。
617. It's really a bargain. 租金很便宜。
618. I want to rent a furnished house. 我想要有家具的房子。
619. That house is for sale. It has central heating. 此房出售，房子里有供暖设备。
620. What kind of furniture do you like? 你喜欢什么样的家具?
621. This is a rather old house. It needs painting. 这房子挺旧的，得刷一下才行。
622. I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen. 我想要一套有两间卧室和一个厨房的公寓。
623. The houses downtown are very expensive. 市区的房子很贵。
624. How much is the rent for a month? 每月租金多少?
625. I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me. 我觉得住在这里象在家里一样。房东太太对我很好。
626. We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set. 我们有一些厨房用具和一套餐厅设备。
627. There's no gas range in the kitchen, but you can use the electric stove.厨房里没有煤气灶，但你可以用电炉。
628. There is a shower in the bathroom. 浴室里有淋浴器。
629. I have a dog, but it's very quiet. 我有一只狗，不过它很安静。
630. The room has a big closet. You can put your baggage in it. 房间里有一个很大的壁橱，你可以把你的行李放进去。
Talking About Dressing 谈论衣着
631. What will you wear for the party? 晚会上你穿什么?
632. I'll wear my blue dress. 我会穿我的兰色裙子。
633. Don't you think it's too formal? 你不觉得太正式了吗?
634. Why? What will you wear? 为什么?你会穿什么?
635. Just my shirt and jeans. 我就穿衬衣和牛仔裤。
636. You should have your suit cleaned and ironed. 你应该把你的套装拿去洗烫一下。
637. You'd better put on your jacket. It's cold outside. 你最好穿上夹克，外面冷。
638. The blouse no longer fits me. 这件衬衣不再合我身了。
639. My son has outgrown these trousers. 我儿子已经长的穿不了这条裤子了。
640. The shoes are worn-out. 这鞋已经不能穿了。
641. I don't like wearing the uniform. 我不喜欢穿制服。
642. Do you want to change before the banquet? 宴会前你想换衣服吗?
643. Your shoe lace is loose. 你的鞋带松了。
644. You forgot to fasten the collar buttons. 你忘了系鞋带。
645. Take off your hat. It doesn't fit. 取下你的帽子，它不适合你.
Expressing Different Opinions 表达不同的观点
646. He is a very creative student. 他是个很有创造力的学生。
647. What you have said about this is very interesting. 你说的很有意思。
648. I cannot agree with you on this point.在这一点上，我不能同意你的意见。
649. You've got the point. 你抓住了问题的实质。
650. That's the point. 这正是问题的关键。
651. The whole class is in a heated discussion. 全班同学正在热烈讨论。
652. Let's just run through the arguments for and against. 我们来看一下赞成和反对的理由。
653. Please sum up what you said just now. 请把你刚才说的总结一下。
654. Has anybody else anything to say on this? 关于这点，谁还有什么别的要说吗?
655. Does anybody share David's opinion? 有谁同意大卫的观点吗?
656. Is there any evidence to support what you have said? 有什么证据可以支持你的说法吗?
657. Well, it depends. 这得视情况而定。
658. I don't think it's necessary for us to discuss this question any further. 我想我们没有必要进一步讨论这个问题。
659. There are always two sides to everything. 每件是都有两面性。
660. Finally, we came to an agreement. 最后我们达成了一致。
About Things In The future 考虑将来可能从事的活动
661. I want to be a journalist after graduation. 毕业后我想当记者。
662. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic. 如果明天不下雨，我们就去野餐。
663. As soon as he comes, we'll let him know. 他一来，我们就告诉他。
664. You can stay as long as you pay the rent on time.只要你按时交房租，你就能住这儿。
665. When she leaves, he'll cry for a day. 她走时，他会哭一天。
666. She will go into business when she likes to. 她想经商时就会去经商。
667. I'll leave for London if I finish my work today. 如果我今天完成工作，我就会去伦敦。
668. I'll work for 5 years and then go back to school. 我会工作五年，然后会学校。
669. He will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing.如果他仍写的这么好的话，他将成为一个作家。
670. I hope he will meet me at the airport. 我希望他能到机场接我。
671. I'm thinking of quitting the job. 我在考虑辞职。
672. I plan to learn photography. 我打算学摄影。
673. What do you say we have a party this weekend?我们周末开个派对，你觉得怎么样?
674. She will certainly remain single. 她肯定会保持独身。
675. He will probably follow in his father's footsteps. 他可能会继承父业。
Things That Might Have Happened 可能发生的事
676. I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home. 我要是呆在家里的话，假期会好过的多。
677. What have you been doing since I saw you last time? 自从我上次见到你以后你都在干什么? 678. If I had got enough money yesterday, I would have bought that tape. 如果我昨天钱够的话，我就买了那盒磁带了。
679. Looking back on it, I think I shouldn't have given up the contest so easily. 回过头来看，我想我不应该如此轻易的放弃那次比赛。
680. Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn't have been late. 如果我打的去的话就不会迟到了。
681. Even if you take the exam again, you won't pass it. 就算再考一次你也通不过。
682. Even if you had given him much more money, he might not have paid off the debt.就算你给了他更多的钱，他也还不清债务。
683. What would you have done if you hadn't gone out for a picnic yesterday?如果你昨天没有出去野餐的话。你会干什么?
684. I wish I had told him the truth. 我真希望我把真相告诉了他。
685. I wish you hadn't cheated me. 我希望你没有欺骗我。
686. If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park. 如果天气好的话，我们就去公园了。
687. Would he have seen you if you hadn't waved to him? 如果你没有朝他挥手，他能看见你吗?
688. You should have studied much harder. 你本应该更努力的学习。
689. I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that, but I didn't have enough courage. 我本想和老师争论那个问题，但我没有足够的勇气。
690. I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went abroad last year. 当我的父母去年出国的时候，我本想和我的祖父母住在一起。
Talking About Likes And Dislikes 询问喜欢和不喜欢的事
691. What's your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么运动?
692. I like football best. 我最喜欢足球。
693. Football is my favorite. 足球是我最喜欢的。
694. Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing? 钓鱼和登山，你更喜欢哪一个?
695. Neither. 一个都不喜欢。
696. What do you like best, apples, pears, or bananas? 苹果，梨，香蕉，你最喜欢哪个?
697. He's crazy about Michael Jordan. 他疯狂喜爱迈克?乔丹。
698. She hates boxing. 她讨厌拳击。
699. She is sick of watching boxing. 她厌恶观看拳击。
700. She has good taste in clothes. 她对服装很有鉴赏力。
701. What do you like to do in your spare time? 空闲时你喜欢干什么?
702. I like collecting stamps. 我喜欢收集邮票。
703. I prefer tea to coffee. 和咖啡相比，我更喜欢茶。
704. What do you dislike most about this movie? 这部电影你最不喜欢什么?
705. I would rather sleep than watch this movie.我情愿睡觉也不看这部电影。
Putting Forward Your Own Opinions 提出自己的想法
706. You should take the advice of your teacher. 你应该听老师的话?
707. That's just what I was looking for. 那正是我所期待的。
708. It might be, I suppose. 我想可能是这样。
709. Good try, but not quite right. 是个很好的尝试，但并不完全正确。
710. That's rather disappointing. 真是让人失望。
711. In my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money. 我认为你的外套不值得这么多钱。
712. Would you mind not spitting everywhere? 不要随地吐痰行吗?
713. It's only a suggestion, you don't have to take it. 这只是一个建议，你可以不听。
714. If you really want my advice I don't think you should quit school.如果你真想听我的意见，我想你不应该退学。
715. Thanks for your advice but I have to consider it myself. 谢谢你的建议，但我得自己想想。
716. He does not pay attention to anybody. You are wasting your time in persuading him.他谁的话也不听，你劝他是在浪费时间。
717. I am old enough to make up my own mind. 我已经长大了，可以自己拿主意了。
718. Your work seems not satisfactory. 你的工作看起来并不令人满意。
719. What about your opinion? 你怎么想?
720. I generally agree with you. 我大体上同意你的看法。
Asking For Help 请别人帮忙
721. Would you open the door for me, please? 你能替我开门吗?
722. With pleasure. 乐意帮忙。
723. Would you mind opening the window? 你介意开窗吗?
724. Not at all. 一点儿也不。
725. I wondered if you could buy me some pencils? 我不知道你是否能替我买铅笔?
726. Sure. 当然。
727. Would you be so kind as to lend me some money? 你能借我一点儿钱吗?
728. No problem. How much? 没问题，你要多少?
729. I hope I'm not bothering you. 我希望我没有打扰你。
730. I hope that will not cause you too much trouble. 我希望那不会给你添太多麻烦。
731. I really appreciate your help. 我非常感谢你的帮助。
732. I don't want to put you to any trouble. 我不想麻烦你。
733. Excuse me, would you give me a hand? 对不起，你能帮我个忙吗?
734. I'd be glad to help. 我乐意帮忙。
735. Would you mind mailing this letter for me? 你能替我寄这封信吗?
Getting Ready For A Journey 准备旅行
736. I have so many things to do before I leave.我走之前还有很多事情要做。
737. I have to drop by the bank to get some money. 我得到银行去取一下钱。
738. Traveler's check's are very convenient for long-distance travel. 旅行支票对于长途旅行很方便。
739. Do you have anything to declare? 你有什么东西要向海关申报的吗?
740. You have to apply for a passport in advance. 你必须提前申请护照。
741. You don't have to pay any duty on personal belongings. 个人物品不需要关税。
742. Make it an hour and a half. We have to get more food. 等一个半小时吧，我们还得多准备些事物。
743. Shall we ask Betty to join us? 我们应该叫贝蒂一起去吗?
744. I put myself entirely in your hands. 我按你说的办。
745. Can you tell me the phone number of the inquiry office? 您能告诉我问讯处的电话号码吗?
746. Do you like to take a local train or an express? 你想坐普通车还是特快?
747. I have bought a ticket for a sleeper. 我买了张卧铺票。
748. Have you reserved your ticket? 你订票了吗?
749. I would never have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it. 如果不是你提起的话，我肯定想不到。
750. I will see you off at the railway station. 我会去机场送你。
Countries And Nationalities 国家和国籍
751. Where are you from? 你来自哪儿?
752. What's your nationality? 你是什么国籍?
753. What's your motherland? 你祖国是哪儿?
754. Are you a native Chinese? 你是土生土长的中国人吗?
755. What's the population of China? 中国有多少人口?
756. How many provinces do you have? 你们有多少个区?
757. What's the capital of your country? 贵国首都是哪儿?
758. I come from Japan. 我来自日本。
759. I was born in China and brought up in the U.S.A. 我出生在中国，在美国长大。
760. My country has an area of 500,000 square kilometers. 我国面积五十万平里。
761. The capital of my country id Beijing. 我国首都是北京。
762. We have 50 provinces. 我们有50个省。
763. My country is rich in natural resources. 我国自然资源丰富。
764. That nation is famous for its tourism. 那个国家以旅游业闻名。
765. The biggest festival in my country is the Spring Festival. 我国最大的节日是春节。
Geography And Land Features 地理和地貌
766. Geographically, China is located in the Northern Hemisphere. 从地理位置上说，中国位于北半球。
767. In this country, the weather is usually very awful. 在这个国家，天气通常十分恶劣。
768. It is a very beautiful country with many mountains. 这是一个多山的美丽国度。
769. This country is famous for its beautiful lakes. 这个国家以其美丽的湖泊而闻名于世。
770. The land in this region is rather dry and parched. 这片土地十分干燥。
771. Along the northern coast of this continent, there are many crags. 沿该大陆的北海岸线上有许多峭壁。
772. In Brazil, many ancient forests are very well preserves. 在巴西，古老的森林保存十分完好。
773. Lumbering is very important in some underdeveloped countries. 在一些不发达的国家，伐木业十分重要。
774. The scenery is very beautiful in the small islands in the Pacific OCeans. 太平洋上一些小岛的景色十分优美。
775. What kind of climate do you have in this country?这个国家的气候如何?
776. In the west of America, there are many high peeks and deep canyons. 在美国西部有许多高峰和深谷。
777. Which one is the longest river in China? 中国哪条河流最长?
778. Do you get much rain in summer? 这里夏天雨水多吗?
779. Is the plain along the river good for farming? 河畔的平原易于发展农业吗?
780. It's cold and foggy in London at this time of the year. 在每年的这个时候，伦敦寒冷而多雾。
School And Education 学校和教育
781. Every one must receive 9 years of compulsory education. 每人必须接受九年的义务教育。
782. Children enter primary school at the age of 7. 孩子们7岁进小学。
783. Some students quit school due to poverty. 一些学生因贫困而辍学。
784. There is fierce competition in the college Entrance Examination. 高考竞争激烈。
785. He majored in Computers. 他主修计算机。
786. She is working for her double major in English and Economics. 她正在修英语和经济双学位。
787. I graduated from Yale University 5 years ago. 五年前，我从耶鲁大学毕业。
788. It is desirable to apply to good schools. 申请好学校是令人向往的。
789. Mary is in her freshman year. 玛丽大学一年级。
790. Lily is a Sophomore now. 莉莉现在大学二年级。
791. Mike is already a junior. 迈克已经大学三年级了。
792. As a senior, Peter is writing his thesis. 作为大学四年级学生，彼得正在写毕业论文。
793. Mr. Green is a member of the faculty. 格林先生是大学教员。
794. In Britain, there are open universities. 在英国，有成人大学。
795. There are many training classed and night classes.有许多培训班与夜校.
About Jobs 关于工作
796. What does your father do? 你父亲做什么工作?
797. He is a doctor. He has his own practice. 他是个医生，他自己开业。
798. Do you have any plan for your career? 你对未来有什么计划吗?
799. I want to be a pilot of possible. 如果可能的话，我想做个飞行员。
800. I hope that I can get a decent job with a good salary. 我希望有一份既体面，收入又高的工作。
801. I have an interview next week. 我下周要参加考试。
802. Tom has opened his own business while his classmates are still slogging away at school. 当汤姆的同学还在学校苦读时，他已经开始了自己的事业。
803. I like writing, but I wouldn't take it as my career. 我喜欢协作但不愿以此为职业。
804. I worked as an intern in that firm last summer. 去年夏天我在那家商行实习。
805. He's a very efficient young man though a little proud. 他是个很有能力的人，但是有点骄傲。
806. He made a successful career in business. 他的商务生涯十分成功。
807. My cousin has just been promoted to the rank of major. 我表兄刚被提升为上校。
808. He is a manager of a famous corporation. 他是一家著名公司的经理。
809. The statesman retired as the mayor of New York. 那位政治家退休时是纽约市市长。
810. He was appointed president of the committee recently. 他最近被任命为那个革命会的总裁。
Farms And Factories 农场和工厂
811. This area is noted for its rich soil. 这个地区以土壤肥沃著称。
812. The place is too stony for farming. 这地方太多石块，不适合耕种。
813. In the flat country, people grow wheat and raise cattle. 在这平坦的乡间，人们种指小麦，饲养牲畜。
814. He has bought 10 tractors for the village. 他为村里买了10台拖拉机。
815. What's the typical farm product in this region? 这个地区典型的农产品是什么?
816. At this time of the year farmers begin to plow their fields. 每年这个时候，农民们开始犁地。
817. Have you milked the cows? 你已经挤过奶了吗?
818. Pile the hay in the corner. 把干草堆到边上。
819. What's the average yearly output of cars in your factory? 你们厂平均年产汽车多少台?
820. The meat packing industry is developing fast. 肉类加工业发展迅速。
821. Car manufacturers are having a bad time. 汽车制造商的日子不好过。
822. State-owned enterprises are getting out of difficulty.国有企业开始走上坡路。
823. How many workshops are there in your factory? 你们厂有多少车间?
824. The computer industry is booming. 计算机业繁荣起来。
825. The information industry helps boost the global economy. 信息业推进全球经济发展。
About Hobbies (关于爱好)
826. Do you have any hobbies? 你有什么爱好吗?
827. What are you interested in? 你对什么比较感兴趣?
828. What are your interests? 你的爱好是什么?
829. What do you do in your spare time? 空闲时间你干什么?
830. How do you spend your evenings? 夜生活你都是怎么过的?
831. Lots of people like stamp collecting. 许多人喜欢集邮。
832. I am a Michael Jordan fan. 我是迈克尔?乔丹迷。
833. Does his film appeal to you? 你喜欢他的电影吗?
834. Do you go on picnics? 你常去郊游吗?
835. I particularly like English literature. 我对英国文学情有独钟。
836. What's so interesting about football? We girls don't like it. 足球有什么意思?我们女生不喜欢它。
837. She has a particular interest in painting. 她特别爱好绘画。
838. I often take my mind off my work by reading an interesting novel.通常我通过阅读小说使我的注意力从工作上转移过来。
839. He plays violin just for enjoyment. 他拉小提琴只是为了自娱自乐。
840. Photography is an expensive hobby. 摄影是门花费很多的爱好。
Recreational Activities 文体活动
841. What's your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么活动?
842. I like football. 我最喜欢足球。
843. What position do you play? 你踢什么位置?
844. I'm a catcher. 我是个接球员(垒球运动中)。
845. Our team beat their team yesterday. 昨天，我们队打败了他们队。
846. We are sure to defeat them. 我们一定会打败他们。
847. How many years have you been playing pingpong? 你打乒乓球多少年了?
848. My favorite winter sport is skiing. 我最喜欢的动机运动是滑雪。
849. The basketball championship is exciting. 那次篮球冠军赛真激动人心。
850. I was on the track team 10 years ago. 十年前，我在田径队。
851. I prefer fishing to swimming. 比起游泳，我更喜欢钓鱼。
852. She is a member of the ski club. 她是滑雪俱乐部的成员。
853. The hardest thing to learn is to be a good loser.最难学的一点是做一个输的起的人。
854. My class went camping last summer. 去年夏天我们班去露营了。
855. He's good at lifting weights. 他善于举重。
About Newspapers And Magazines 关于报纸杂志
856. I subscribed to a lot of periodicals last year. 去年我订了许多期刊。
857. Tom reads newspapers in the afternoon. 汤姆下午读报。
858. What kind of newspapers do you read? 你读什么样的报纸?
859. Newspapers and periodicals keep me updated on current affairs. 报纸和期刊让我了解时事。
860. What column do you like best? 你最喜欢哪个栏目?
861. Which do you like better, the news or the editorial? 新闻和评论你最喜欢看哪个?
862. Do you read advertisements too? 你也看广告吗?
863. I recommend to you Time and Newsweek. They are excellent. 我向你推荐《时代》和《新闻周刊》，它们很棒。
864. Fashion is a very popular magazine in America. 《时尚》是美国很流行的杂志。
865. What's the circulation of this magazine? 这杂志发行量怎么样?
866. Why don't you put an advertisement in the paper to sell that old car?为什么不在报上登广告卖旧车呢?
867. I once took a part-time job delivering the Evening Post.我曾干过送晚报的兼职。
868. Have you read the article about the rescue of the hostage? 你看了关于营救人质的文章了吗?
869. There was much news in the morning paper today. 今天的晨报上有许多新闻。
870. My friend Tom is a reporter for the New York Times. 我朋友汤姆是《纽约时报》的记者。
Radio And TV 收音机和电视机
871. What channel are you watching now? 现在你在看哪个新闻?
872. There's TV coverage of the NBA tournament. 有个NBA联赛的电视报道。
873. Do you have a TV guide? 你有电视节目吗?
874. You'll be on air in two minutes. 两分钟以后你会上电视。
875. Channel 5 is off the air now. 五频道已经停止播放。
876. Turn up your radio please. 请你把收音机开响一点儿。
877. We can't get good pictures on our TV set. 我们的电视机图象有问题。
878. Can this radio receive short-wave? 这个收音机能收短波吗?
879. If you install an outside antenna, you will have better reception. 如果你安装了室外天线，你的电视接受效果会好点。
880. Turn down the radio please. 请放低音量。
881. We'll have a soap opera series on TV this week. 这周末我们会在电视上看到一系列肥皂剧。
882. Please tune in next time. 请下次收听。
883. We're broadcasting from London. 我们从伦敦播放。
884. You can receive our program at short wave 37.5 MH. 你可在短波37.5赫兹上收到我们的节目。
885. There's too much static. 干扰太大。
About Music And Literature 关于音乐和文学
886. What's your favorite music? 你最喜欢什么音乐?
887. Do you often go to a concert? 你经常去听音乐会吗?
888. I hate Jazz. It's too noisy. 我讨厌爵士，太吵了。
889. Do you like pop music? 你喜欢流行音乐吗?
890. I have never heard the piece before, who wrote it? 我从没听过这首曲子，谁写的?
891. What do you think of their skill? 你觉得他们演奏技术如何?
892. I find classical concerts more to my liking than rock concerts. 我觉得古典音乐会比摇滚音乐会更合我胃口。
893. I've never read a more stirring story. 我从来没读过比这更令人激动的故事。
894. He has a passion for literature. 他很热衷于文学。
895. I am most attracted by Dickens. 狄更斯的作品更吸引我。
896. I never grow tired of novels though I read them everyday. 我每天看小说，但从没厌烦过。
897. On Sundays I often spend some time reading in the library. 星期天我经常在图书馆里看些书。
898. What do think about this poem? 你觉得这首诗怎么样?
899. I like Shakespeare better than Milton. 与弥尔顿比起来，我更喜欢莎士比亚。
900. How much do you know about the works of George Eliot? 乔治?艾略特的作品你知道多少?