- spatial sense; being or existing in a specified place
- give, especially as an honor or reward
- hand over formally
- perform (a play), especially on a stage
- formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
- deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
- recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation; assume a prescribed position
- cause to come to know personally
- something presented as a gift
- temporal sense; intermediate between past and future; now existing or happening or in consideration
- give as a present; make a gift of
- represent in a painting, drawing, sculpture, or verbally
- show or demonstrate something to an interested audience
- present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize
- bring forward and present to the mind
- a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- the period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech
A constructive formula of ultrasonic-rebound method to test concrete strength is presented.
Tom Morris, present-day owner of Ruskin Antiques, Stow-on-the-Wold, specialises in works made by the Movement's craftsmen
"Foreknowledge, intuition, and presentiment."
Let us remove, therefore, as fast as we can this detestable picture of ingratitude, and present the much more agreeable portrait…
Glauconite, detrital carbonate skeletal debris, marine fossils, and collophane are commonly present
At present, I work with the China Electro-machinery Company, Shanghai Branch, whose main product is Numerically Controlled lathes.
First he told me he would put in for me to raffle, and did so, some small matter coming to his lot, he presented it to me
In an hour Miss Ley returned to the drawing-room to wait for bertha, who presently came in, dressed, but ghastly pale
Ironically, the anti-immigration Fortuyn Party will present a first overseas-born, in surinam, to be the Home Affairs Minister
At the present stage in China, they are the working class, the peasantry, the urban petty bourgeoisie and the national bourgeoisie