- spatial sense; being or existing in a specified place
- give, especially as an honor or reward
- hand over formally
- perform (a play), especially on a stage
- formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
- deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
- recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation; assume a prescribed position
- cause to come to know personally
- something presented as a gift
- temporal sense; intermediate between past and future; now existing or happening or in consideration
- give as a present; make a gift of
- represent in a painting, drawing, sculpture, or verbally
- show or demonstrate something to an interested audience
- present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize
- bring forward and present to the mind
- a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- the period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech
Although oxygen does not participate directly in the citric acid cycle, the cycle operates only when O2 is present.
Dr. Richard Baron stated that he would present a clarification at the next scheduled staff meeting, on May 15.
But he swiftly dismissed the kaleidoscope of memory, oppressed by the urgent need of the present
Present with; make a presentation with
"where authorized by agreement or usage, a presentment through the Post Office is sufficient."
At present; right now;for now
"at the present time, farmers still have to invest a lot of money to apply pesticides to protect their crops. "
"Many firms simply gather marketing information as it is presented to them, from internal records and even word of mouth. "
"As a result of many such painstaking studies, our present know ledge of the oceans has accumulated."
The process of changing from one form of representation to another;for example,to change from decimal representation to binary representation.