- a man who delivers the mail
- a boy who delivers newspapers
- a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like
- a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages
- a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for takeoffs and landings
- a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal
- an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction
- (medicine) a person (or animal) who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others
- someone whose employment involves carrying something
- a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something
- (genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring
A type of modulation designed for the carrier to shift between four distinct phases, the four possible phases serve to encode two bits
For radio transmission, information is imparted to a carrier wave by varying (modulating) its amplitude, frequency, or duration.
In this application, the carrier for the gage is removed, and the grid is totally encased in ceramic
Career successes are men's biggest objective to struggle, they are like a huge aircraft carrier, slowly but firmly setting fixed goals moving forward.
Some makers offer above mid-knee shorts or straight-legged trousers with waistband, belt carriers, front pleats, side pockets and mock fly zipper.
All that was alone was to permit the conversion of a big fleet collier, the Jupiter, into a carrier for experimental work
The carrier shall have a lien on the goods for freight, dead freight, demurrage and any other amount payable by the cargo
For the illustration,the initial ingredients are vegetables and a carrier fluid containing starch.
Any signature or authentication of the carrier or master must be identified as carrier or master, as the case may be.