The subject kept coming up in conversation.
Hurry up! I'm double-parked and the warden's coming.
We weren't able to come up with any new suggestions.
"Please ring me up before come, o.k. ? "
Come over for a chat so we can catch up on each other's news.
After tens of thousands of years of weathering and erosion, it is now a wooded hill where the weeds come up to the knee
Another milestone for our strategic presence in the enormous, up-and-coming China market in the new millennium.
He has come up in the world since he peddled his own baked goods from a pushcart.
He's got beaten up? He should have it coming on him for the way he often ill-treats others.
Mom, Dad's birthday is coming up. I don't know what to give him. Do you have any ideas for a gift?
- get something or somebody for a specific purpose
- originate or come into being
- be mentioned
- come up, of celestial bodies
- come to the surface
- start running, functioning, or operating
- bring forth, usually something desirable
- result or issue
- gather or bring together
- gather (money or other resources) together over time